St Ann’s Hospice Festival Choir
1. Personal data
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the ‘GDPR’).
2. Data Controller
The Management Committee of St Ann’s Hospice Festival Choir is the Data Controller. This means it is responsible for how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The Management Committee of St Ann’s Hospice Festival Choir complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We use personal data for the following purposes: –
• to administer membership records.
• to maintain our financial accounts and records.
• to provide news and information about the events and activities and services of the Choir – fundraising and promoting the interests of St Ann’s Hospice.
• to manage volunteers;
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a fundraising aim, provided that:
• the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
• there is no disclosure to a third party without consent; or
• Processing is necessary to address a medical emergency, legal imperative, legitimate interest, contract; or
• Explicit consent of the data subject has been given.
5. Sharing personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with others with your explicit, individual consent.
6. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
• The right to request a copy of the personal data which St Ann’s Hospice Festival Choir holds about you (a Subject Access Request or ‘SAR’);
• The right to request that the Management Committee of St Ann’s Hospice Festival Choir corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for St Ann’s Hospice Festival Choir to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
• The right to request that the data controller provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller.
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data;
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
7. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
8. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Management Committee of St Ann’s Hospice Festival Choir. You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
The Management Committee, St Ann’s Hospice Festival Choir.
Date: 24 May 2018